FOR THE BITES:
1 lb small or medium red potatoes
2 tsp + 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 T of The Olive Bin's Rosemary Olive Oil (Fused)
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 lb thick-cut bacon (uncooked)
FOR THE DIP:
1 C (8 oz) sour cream
1 tsp of The Olive Bin's Harissa Olive Oil
2 tsp hot sauce (more or less for desired heat)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
FOR THE BITES:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Chop into 1" pieces, keeping the chunks roughly the same size, even if they aren't the exact same shape. Put the potatoes in a medium pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Season the water with 2 tsp of salt. Once water begins to boil, cook potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, until you can stick a fork into them without too much resistance. (You want the potatoes to be almost, but not fully, cooked so they won't fall apart during the rest of preparation.)
- Drain the potatoes and put them in a large bowl. Add Rosemary olive oil, remaining 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper; toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Cut strips of bacon into thirds. Wrap each potato bite in a piece of bacon, securing with a toothpick. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, place the wrapped potatoes an inch or two apart. (You may need to cook potatoes in two batches, based on size of your trays and the size of the oven.)
- Cook potatoes for 15 minutes, then flip each piece. Cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through (you may cook longer to get bacon as crisp as you'd like it).
- Mix sour cream and hot sauce in a small bowl. Season with additional salt and pepper. Pile the potato pites on a plate and serve alongside dip.
Recipe adapted from thekitchn.com
Makes about 3 dozen bites
Harissa Olive Oil
Rosemary Olive Oil