FOR THE KABOBS:
1 lb beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
1 each red, yellow, and green bell peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
1 red onion, cut into wedges
FOR THE MARINADE:
1/4 C of The Olive Bin's Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
1/4 C of The Olive Bin's Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar (Seasonal)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE QUINOA SALAD:
3 C cooked quinoa, cooled
2 medium heirloom tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 C sliced green onions
1 medium orange, zested and juiced
Sirloin Steak & Vegetable Kabobs with Quinoa Salad
FOR THE KABOBS:
- Place beef in large resealable plastic bag placed in shallow dish; set aside. Place bell peppers and red onion in another large resealable plastic bag placed in another shallow dish; set aside.
- For marinade, combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Divide marinade between beef and vegetable bags. Seal bags and marinate in refrigerator for minimum 1 hour, turning bags occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine quinoa, tomatoes, green onions, orange zest, and orange juice. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Thread peppers and onion pieces onto four skewers*, leaving 1/4" space between pieces so vegetables grill evenly. Thread meat onto four additional skewers*. Grill skewers for 15 to 18 minutes, or until steak reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
- Remove skewers from grill and serve immediately with quinoa salad.
*If skewers are wooden, soak in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling to prevent burning.
Adapted from Hy-Vee "seasons" recipe