FOR THE CRUST:
1 C + 3/4 C to 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
1 T ground flax meal
1 pkg (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2/3 C warm water (120 to 130 degrees F)
2 T of The Olive Bin's Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1 T yellow cornmeal
FOR THE PIZZA:
1/2 C (divided) of The Olive Bin's Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
8 oz (divided) soft goat cheese, sliced
8 C (divided) assorted fresh mushrooms
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Fresh thyme, to garnish
Vegetarian Mushroom Pizza
FOR THE CRUST:
- For the crust, in medium bowl, combine 1 C flour, flax meal, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- In small bowl, combine warm water, olive oil, and garlic. Add to flour mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir mixture until well-blended. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour (start with 1/2 C) to make a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough with enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic. Lightly grease bowl; place dough in bowl and turn once. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet or pizza pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Punch dough down; turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into four portions (for individual pizzas) and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape each portion into a 6" or 7" round. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle each crust with 2 T (each) olive oil. Top each crust with 2 ounces sliced goat cheese and 2 C assorted mushrooms. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Remove from oven; let sit for 2-3 minutes to cool slightly. Sprinkle each pizza with fresh thyme to garnish, and serve immediately.
Adapted from Hy-Vee "seasons" recipe