FOR THE CRUST:
1 C + 3/4 to 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
1 T ground flax meal
1 pkg (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2/3 C warm water (120 to 130 degrees F)
2 T of The Olive Bin Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1 T yellow cornmeal
FOR THE PIZZA:
8 T of The Olive Bin's Basil Pesto, divided
1 1/3 C broccoli, steamed, divided
2 C brussel sprout leaves, divided
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
black pepper, to taste
Vegetarian Pesto & Green Veggie Pizza
FOR THE CRUST:
- For the crust, in medium bowl, combine 1 C flour, flax meal, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- In small bowl, combine warm water, olive oil, and garlic. Add to flour mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir mixture until well-blended. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour (start with 1/2 C) to make a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough with enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic. Lightly grease bowl; place dough in bowl and turn once. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet or pizza pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Punch dough down; turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into four portions (for individual pizzas) and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape each portion into a 6" or 7" round. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Spread 2 T each of pesto over each crust; drizzle each with 1/2 T olive oil. Top each crust with 1/3 C steamed broccoli rabe and 1/2 C Brussels sprout leaves. Finish topping with 1/2 C mozzarella cheese on each crust. Sprinkle with black pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Remove from oven; let sit for 2-3 minutes to cool slightly. Enjoy!
Adapted from Hy-Vee "seasons" recipe