FOR THE SAUCE:
1 C raw cashews
1/4 tsp salt
2 C warm distilled water
2/3 C almond milk
3 T fresh lime juice
2 T of The Olive Bin's Lime Olive Oil
FOR THE TACOS:
2 large sweet potatoes
7 oz extra-firm tofu, drained (or uncooked boneless, skinless chicken, if you prefer meat)
2 tsp taco seasoning
1 T of The Olive Bin's Green Chile Olive Oil (Fused)
12 (6") corn tortillas, warmed
1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced
Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Jalapeno pepper slices (optional)
Vegetarian Sweet Potato Tacos with Lime Cream Sauce
FOR THE SAUCE:
- Place cashews in glass bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Cover with distilled water. Cover bowl with thin cotton towel, and soak cashews for 5 hours. (For quicker method, place nuts and salt in bowl; cover with boiling water, and let soak for 10 minutes.)
- Drain nuts. In blender, place drained cashews, almond milk, lime juice, and Lime olive oil. Cover and blend until creamy. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill until serving time.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high heat. Peel sweet potatoes, if desired. Prick sweet potatoes with fork several times. Place in microwave oven and cook on high for 5 minutes. Cut potatoes into wedges. Line grill rack with piece of foil, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Using a fork, prick foil in several places. Place potato wedges on foil. Grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, pat tofu dry with paper towels. Cut into cubes; sprinkle with taco seasoning. In nonstick skillet, heat Green Chili olive oil over medium heat. Add tofu and cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through; set aside. (For chicken, follow same process. Cook over medium heat in skillet until cooked through and no pink remains in middle.)
- Top each tortilla with sweet potato wedges, cooked tofu (or chicken), and avocado. Drizzle lime cream sauce over top. If desired, garnish with cilantro and jalapeno pepper slices.
Adapted from Hy-Vee "seasons" recipe