3 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 tsp + 1 T of The Olive Bin's Harissa Olive Oil
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp of The Olive Bin's Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
2 lb ground turkey or beef
4 slices pepper jack cheese
4 hamburger buns, split
4 lettuce leaves
1 large tomato, sliced
3/4 C guacamole
Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Burgers
- Brush jalapenos with 1 tsp of Harissa olive oil. Grill peppers, covered, over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. When cool enough to handle, finely chop. In a small bowl, combine the bacon, cream cheese, and jalapeno until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, salt, pepper, balsamic, and paprika. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight thin patties. Spoon stuffing (bacon mixture) onto center of four patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat for 6-7 minutes on each site, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juices run clear.
- Top with pepper jack cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Brush inside of buns with remaining tablespoon of Harissa olive oil. Grill, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato, and guacamole.